$100K — $150K *
Do you have your heart in the Clouds? Do you want to shape the future of how businesses extend their connections with their customers? Do you love helping others by sharing your technical knowledge? Do you have an insatiable desire to design and deliver the next generation cloud infrastructure?
As part of the EdgeCloud team at Akamai you will need to be an experienced, resourceful, collaborative software developer; adept at creative concepts, design and cross-functional collaboration. You should be passionately curious about how systems work and, more importantly, how they fail. Our infrastructure needs to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond global content delivery caching. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of an aggressive strategy to evolve the infrastructure that we use to build services for Akamai customers.
All of Akamai’s services depend on our software. You will collaborate closely with many internal Akamai teams. You will be tasked with our most challenging problems, diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems issues, designing and building innovative high quality solutions that are secure, scalable, and reliable.
The opportunity to make a significant impact on Akamai business and on a critically important open source project is precisely what makes the job rewarding. People who do best are the ones who seek challenges, possess a passion for learning, and have demonstrated courage and ability to pose and solve truly difficult problems. The job requires a combination of strong system design, virtuoso programming and debugging skills, an obsession with code quality, and independence. You must have a passion to get things done quickly and get them done right.
Responsibilities As part of our team you will:
* Implement a next generation cloud platform in an global on-premise cloud environment
* Demonstrate the ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
* Work on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project *Work gain deep knowledge of the architecture of our systems *Write clean, production-ready code
* Build automation & tools to monitor & manage workloads and handles failures at scale
* Operate in a Scaled Agile program
About the team
The EdgeCloud teams provide virtualized solutions for Akamai’s platform and cloud network. Our platform leverages industry standards such for Linux native virtualization (KVM), containerization (Docker), container orchestration(Kubernetes), as well as tools and technologies that facilitate integrating the platform with other cloud-native technologies. We build the foundations for modern distributed systems, the right way.
Required Education and Experience
* 5 years of experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 3 years of experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science or related Field
* PhD in Computer Science or related field and relevant experience.
* 3 years of python programming experience
* 1 year of professional experience with Kubernetes in a development capacity.
* 1 year of experience with concurrent programming, data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis
* 1 year working with Container and Virtualization fundamentals
* Proficient understanding of networking protocols
* Understanding of Linux fundamentals and Linux Systems Programming
* Programming Linux system virtualization based on Libvirt, QEMU, KVM
* Hands on experience developing Kubernetes controllers and operators.
* Experience managing and operating kubernetes clusters at scale
* Experience with Docker or similar container technology
* Experience with cluster networking technologies, e.g. Calico and VXLAN
* Expertise in Go and/or C++
Valid through: 9/1/2020