The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for implementing web-based products for Accruent’s real estate performance management software suite. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving, capable of working on all tiers of the application following Agile methodologies. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you. You will join our Development team to work on Accruent’s flagship software products in SaaS and mobile environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, development, integration, deployment and documentation of web and mobile applications
- Support QA Engineers to ensure system quality, functionality, and performance
- Mentor and lead less experienced members of the team on technology and product implementation and quality considerations
- Be an expert in multiple areas the product, the technology used in the product and the design patterns used to implement the product
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: grit, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, humility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Solid Object Oriented design and development skills.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests using unit testing frameworks like JUnit, NUnit, MSTest, Mocha
- Troubleshooting issues in enterprise web based applications across web and database tiers.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- Desire to mentor developers on the team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing commercial software products , preferably in SaaS environment
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with industry best practices
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience in building scalable enterprise web based applications