The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for implementing web-based products for Accruent’s real estate performance management software suite. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving, capable of working on all tiers of the application following Agile methodologies. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you. You will join our Development team to work on Accruent’s flagship software products in SaaS and mobile environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software Engineer II Essential Duties & Responsibilities plus the following:
- Design, development, integration, deployment and documentation of web and mobile applications
- Support QA Engineers to ensure system quality, functionality, and performance
- Mentor and lead less experienced members of the team on technology and product implementation and quality considerations
- Be an expert in multiple areas the product, the technology used in the product and the design patterns used to implement the product
- Review work of others on the team to ensure quality standards are achieved and production issues avoided
- Demonstrate ability to decompose a feature request into actionable work items that can be sized correctly and delivered
- Serve as design / architecture lead for small teams
- Demonstrate ability to set individual and team priorities and solve complex issues
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: humility, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, and grit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience.
- Solid Object Oriented design and development skills. Experience with standard development patterns, such as model-view-controller/model-view-view model patterns for web application development.
- Expertise in 2 or more of the following: C#/.Net,HTML5/CSS, Java/J2EE.
- Experience with at least one of the following or their equivalent: Node.js, Sencha or Extjs, Angular.js, Jquery.
- Expertise with RDBMS products like Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience writing unit tests using unit testing frameworks like JUnit, NUnit, MSTest, Mocha
- Troubleshooting issues in enterprise web based applications across web and database tiers.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing commercial software products , preferably in SaaS environment
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: Node.js, Sencha Touch
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch and MongoDB
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Agile development methodologies
- Industry knowledge and experience with industry best practices