This position requires a strong software developer who understands databases applied within the context of near-real time systems. This person will lead the database development for the EnSite Precision Cardiac Mapping System and Workmate Claris Recording System (FDA Class II, near-real time medical device software). Work will include: software design, software implementation, unit test development, field service investigation. Technologies include Linux, C++, Qt, OpenGL, database administration, message bus and TCP/IP.
The individual chosen for this position must have a proven track record of working cooperatively in small to medium sized groups, as a member of a distributed team and across functional boundaries with representatives from other functional groups including Quality, Marketing, Post Market Surveillance and Test. Good communication skills, both oral and written, are a must for this position.
Required Education & Experience
- 5-7 or more years experience in a software development role
- BS in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with database design and optimization within the context of a real-time systems.
- Strong knowledge of C++, multi-threading, real-time data handling, TCP/IP communications, message bus implementation and unit test development preferably in the context of desktop/workstation computer-based applications
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken form
- MS or PhD in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Previous software development experience in a regulated industry, preferably medical devices.
- Knowledge of QSR, ISO/EN and Quality Systems standards
- Experience with Qt, QML, Linux/Unix
- GUI development experience
- OpenGL experience using direct OpenGL calls in addition to any library experience (e.g., VTK)