33Across, recently named among North America's fastest growing tech companies on Deloitte's 2018 Technology Fast 500™, is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team in expanding our current publisher platform and building innovative products. Our products are already generating 1 billion daily events and are experienced by 50 million daily users. This position will be instrumental in driving these numbers to unprecedented heights as we grow our publisher base and increase user reach and engagement across all platforms.
You will have the opportunity to work on the company's core product suite that drives revenue for our publishers and us. We are looking for engineers who have a passion for building scalable products, strong software design skills, and a desire to learn from, mentor, and teach your peers.
- Implement real-time, high-performance web applications for desktop and mobile.
- Architect elegant, maintainable, testable solutions to complex technical problems.
- Integrate with third-party platforms and services to pull in auxiliary content, services, and data.
- Tackle performance bottlenecks and drive improvements to our backend and frontend infrastructure.
- Share software development best practices with the team and mentor junior engineers.
- Strong knowledge of ES6 / ES2015+.
- Experience with Node.js and frameworks such as Express and Koa.
- Thorough understanding of design patterns, object-oriented programming, and asynchronous and event-driven development.
- Well-versed in testing methodologies (TDD, BDD) and experience writing unit and functional tests.
- Passion for performance, debugging, instrumentation, automation, and benchmarking.
- Comfortable with Linux CLI, one or more scripting languages, and SQL.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL or Redis.
- Experience with build tools like Gulp/Grunt/Webpack/Babel.
- Experience with working with or building a CI/CD model.
What We Can Offer You:
We have a distributed team with primary work locations in New York City and the Bay Area. We offer a fun work environment with smart coworkers and generous perks. Perks include unlimited snacks/drinks, weekly catered meals, team outings, holiday celebrations, annual hackathons, and a team-wide commitment to pristine coding environments: 10% of every developer's time is reserved for self-directed code improvements.
Oh Yeah, We Also Offer All The Usual Stuff Too:
- Competitive salary, bonus structure, and equity.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- 401K with company match to help you save for the future.
- Real, tangible, paid time off.
- Paid family leave.
- Education / training allowance and time.