What you’ll be doing...
You will manage an Application Development team and projects to drive the Intelligent Edge Network deployment, migration of legacy network to IEN and decommission plan of legacy assets. You will be facing network engineering, service delivery and service assurance functions for all of our consumer, business and enterprise customers. Also, you will provide thought leadership, strategy and direction to the business and team to automate iEN network migration processes and improve intervals for migration using technology expertise with data analytics to develop solutions.
- Lead a strong team of software engineers and business analysts.
- Demonstrate strong team leadership skills and experienceworking with cross-functional teams across various work groups.
- Utilize your exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) to lead calls with technical teams or deliver presentations or updates to executives.
- Apply your experience in application development, systems engineering and IT management.
- Manage schedules, be accountable and deliver projects on time in a fast paced agile environment.
- Contribute technically and own architectural oversight of system/services.
- Build a culture focused outward on the customer, with speed and agility.
- Align technology to business strategy, and proactively drive technical direction throughout the organization.
- Drive results within budget, time and quality.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leading OSS systems delivery in the telecom industry with provisioning domain knowledge of telecom operations and terminology.
- Experience developing OSS/BSS for a telecom domain, knowledge of OSI Layer stack.
- Knowledge of software development, systems engineering and IT.
- Experience managing an onshore-offshore delivery model.
- Experience migrating applications to Cloud.
- Experience using DevOps tool set such as Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, Nunit, Junit, and Selenium.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Knowledge of predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- Experience with enterprise application development, large databases, reporting systems, data analytics, web based applications for both desktop and mobile applications, web-services, high volume transactional systems, and performance tuning of databases and applications.
- Led a team, with software engineers, architects and testers.
- Experience developing and supporting high availability systems and disaster recovery.
- Experience developing using java and other high level languages on both intel and Unix environments.
- Experience designing user interfaces for mobile and desktop applications that provide a responsive and simple experience to users.
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning.
- Experience with Network Provisioning and Activation domain.
- Very strong knowledge of the network domain for Verizon legacy networks and provisioning/turn up processes.