- Architect and build services and systems at scale. This is a hands-on engineering leader position.
- Lead your team of high-performing Engineers (8-10 people) by providing both career guidance and technical vision for the product.
- Work closely with Product Management and other Engineering Managers in executing towards common goals.
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices.
- Participate in dev-ops, release and on-call activities in support of the platform.
- Engage with engineers and stakeholders across GoDaddy to solve problems with group-wide and company-wide impact.
- BS (or greater) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience building scalable services in an agile environment (startup or established)
- At least 2 years of experience leading and managing engineers (or equivalent experience leading projects as ‘tech lead’)
- Solid foundation in cloud frameworks, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with REST and microservice architecture; building scalable APIs in Java, Node, Go, .Net or similar languages.
- Proven architecture skills taking an idea from conception to design and implementation.
- Experience leading teams through agile execution with continuous delivery.
- Strong desire to learn and to grow and to coach engineers to do the same.
- Plus – experience/familiarity with Apache Storm (or other stream processing technologies – Kinesis, Flink etc..), GraphQL/GraphDB
Job ID R001917