The core mission of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketing is to educate customers about cloud computing and our services. Millions of customers engage with us every day across multiple channels. Imagine building a platform that enables AWS to speak to engineers, CTOs, CIOs, and CEOs, educate them about AWS services, and empower them on their journey to the cloud. Our services act as the foundation for announcing new AWS products and are uniquely positioned to redefine how our cloud community consumes information and engages with AWS.
We are looking for an experienced development manager to deliver a new customer-facing identity for our marketing channels. This will be a key initiative for our customers to manage their communication preferences and improve the relevance of the content we offer to them. A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology, strong business acumen, deep experience with providing relevant content to customers, and a desire to change how people interact with AWS.
As a key leader on the Marketing Data: Science & Engineering (D:SE) team, you will be responsible for building a new engineering team, inheriting existing engineering teams, managing managers and partnering with product leaders around the business to iteratively enhance our marketing channels engineering capabilities. Your responsibilities will include managing key engineering initiatives and partnering with marketing technology product leaders to define vision, strategize and drive data product roadmaps. You will also own the operational systems to support each of these areas that power interactions with millions of customers every day.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, with 3+ years of managing multiple managers/teams.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline; in lieu of this degree, additional work experience will be considered
• Exhibit a strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, preferably in data, analytics or marketing domains
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and non-technical leaders
• Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex systems
• Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems, business intelligence products
• Experience with AWS Redshift, Simple Storage Service (S3), EMR, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), or SageMaker
• Possess expertise delivering projects with Agile methodologies
• Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Composed, poised and professional demeanor
• Willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done
• Well-timed tenacity and conviction
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Valid through: 11/12/2021