Financial Ledger & Accounting Systems Hub (FLASH), a division within Amazon’s eCommerce Foundation Organization (eCF) is leading big innovations in business systems integration and defining the future of Accounting at Amazon. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce ecosystems that processes hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon’s key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon’s businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our systems.
FLASH is seeking a strong engineering leader to bootstrap our presence in NYC. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity as you will be responsible for recruiting and leading software development teams that build and deliver Checkbook. Checkbook is our vision for a system that will reconcile all cash movement at Amazon. At our scale this means tens of Billions of dollars in receivables and tens of Billions of dollars in payables, spanning millions of transactions. To make Checkbook successful you will be responsible for working closely with FLASH Product Management team, key internal stakeholders and Amazon’s banking and payment partners across the globe.
As an Engineering Leader, your key responsibilities will be:
· Build a best-in-class engineering teams that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
· Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
· Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
· Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
· Mentor and grow SDEs and SDMs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 10+ years professional experience in building successful production software systems
· 5+ years of experience managing multiple software development teams (managing managers)
· Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO, and Service Oriented Architecture.
· MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· Great written and oral communication skills
· Able to operate and scale across three or more teams
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOD, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions