About the role
We are on a mission to give consumers certainty and control when selling their home. In the Zillow Offers product, Zillow buys homes directly from interested homeowners, thereby sparing them the tremendous stress and effort of selling. Instead, we take that upon ourselves by quickly preparing these homes for the market and re-selling them. This is a key initiative at Zillow as we aim to define the future of real estate.
We are building a technology platform that enables scaled and distributed real estate operations across the country. The platform will harness the power of local inspectors, construction managers, contractors, market experts, real estate agents, and more to deliver an outstanding transaction experience to sellers and buyers.
We pride ourselves on our culture, and our unwavering focus on our mission. We celebrate the successes of our people, and embrace our failures in order to learn from them. We believe that creativity and innovation is the key to success. We will stop at nothing to accomplish our goals, and you will help us get there!
Who you are
Zillow embraces daunting challenges like this one, and that's why we are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to help lead our success. Zillow Offers is still in very early stages, so come seize this rare opportunity and apply your operational expertise in a brand new arena. You will be joining a passionate team of developers who are building Zillow into the biggest real-estate marketplace online. We believe in autonomy and moving fast, so self-motivation and the energy to blaze trails is a must-have for this role.
As a Senior member of this team you will:
Lead the architecture and implementation of web services, operational workflows, and applications that serve as the foundation of the platform. We iterate quickly and ship code frequently. On our team you will own the quality of your feature work through test automation and monitoring. Additionally, you will research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies within Zillow, apply your experience to problems at every level of the tech stack and champion operational excellence with a real passion for best-in-class, bulletproof product.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Five + years of application development experience in Java, C# or Python
- A proven track record of high productivity in designing, coding, debugging web applications and backend services.
- Collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
- Dedication to great engineering, demonstrated through depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Expertise in building and scaling resilient backend services.
- Experience in an iterative approach to software development combined with the drive to move fast and think big.
- Experience with AWS, distributed systems, and/or app development a plus.
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.