About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Velocity Team, you’ll create tools to automatically build, validate, and releaseinternal tooling in support of our world-class developerexperience. We are developers ourselves, and we support hundreds of like-minded developers across Zillow and all of its brands.
You will work with internal product and infrastructure teams to design scalable, cloud native systems. You will automate manual work while ensuring a high quality, scalable, and highly available product. As part of the Velocity team, you’ll work closely with internal tools teams, operations teams, and product development teams.
The Zillow Group brands growth plan relies heavily on automation across ZG. We are looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated individual who will support our developer-colleagues.
- Automate cloud-infrastructure provisioning, deployment, and delivery
- Develop solutions that allow our internal tools to scale to hundreds of developer-user
- Develop automated deployment pipelines
- Develop infrastructure solutions to scale with the business
- Troubleshoot production deployment related issues, and analyze performance and operational metrics against service level objectives
- Interface with internal groups (product, engineering, and operations teams) with whom we partner
- Implement end-to-end quality assessment and analytics for various distributed services
- Participate in cross-functional projects, and take ownership of individual feature efforts
- Lead in the adoption of Continuous Delivery, and automation of platform services
- Implement tools and dashboards for various services and operations of the Velocity Team
About the team
We are developers that are passionate about building and configuring well-designed, automatic systems for our peers. Our team sits with engineers focused on continuous integration, continuous delivery, production monitoring, and automated validation. These systems are the day-to-day tools that developers use to build Zillow.com
Who you are
You have hands on experience with a mixture of Software Development and Systems Engineering, and a passion for harnessing the power of data. Maybe you are an Ops person who has found a knack for developing automation tools, or a developer who owns supporting their production code. It doesn’t matter how you got here, but you understand what it takes to build and support resilient services in the cloud.
You are excited about building software systems that make running websites automatic, that accurately measure and alert on vital signs of product health, and that help product managers define and realize their service reliability goals to maximize the delight of users.
- 6+ years of software development and/or extensive scriptingexperience in object-oriented languages like Python, Java, or C#
- 6+ years of
- Linux systems engineering or equivalent experience
- Very comfortable with current cloud native solutions and AWS migration challenges
- Proven experience working closely with Dev teams and Agile methodologies
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Exceptional communication and documentation skill