Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday’s office in Boulder, Colorado is home to the team that is delivering our next generation of collaborative tools and features, focused on enabling customers to get the most out of their Workday data. We’re changing the way enterprises collaborate with a suite of recently launched and up-and-coming products. Our marquee product is Worksheets, a collaborative spreadsheet tool that allows users to seamlessly collaborate, gain insights, and make decisions on Workday data. Check out Workday Worksheets here.
About Workday Boulder’s Web Team:
We collaborate regularly and continually look for ways to work better together. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We pride ourselves on making clean code and automated testing a hallmark of how we deliver software.
Some of the reasons our engineers love the web team:
- No tech ruts: Expand your role. We work across all areas of the user interface to improve the product as a whole and share the knowledge we have acquired across the team.
- Collaboration: Our agile team works closely together, enabling us to rapidly learn from each other. Every code commit has at least two pairs of eyes before being merged.
- A Learning Culture: We encourage creativity and experimentation in development practices, which allows us to constantly evolve our methodology and tools .
- Influence: Every developer is encouraged and empowered to make things better – the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Location: With a thriving tech scene, 300 days of sunshine, 300 miles of dedicated bikeways, and an almost embarrassing abundance of outdoor adventure opportunities, Boulder is an amazing place to live.
- Work/life balance: We love where we live, and we want to enjoy it. Balancing life and Work is a Workday value and a team value.
About the Role:
- You’ll write code nearly every day. The high quality of your code and tests will help set the bar for the rest of the team.
- You’ll work with product management and development teams to drive architecture decisions and other technical priorities.
- You’ll provide technical expertise, leadership, and mentorship to a team of motivated and high-performing engineers.
- You’ll be involved in project planning, estimation, and dependency mapping.
- You’ll help maintain and improve our Jenkins-based CI infrastructure.
- You’re a technical leader. You have talent and enthusiasm for creating usable, scalable, well-tested software.
- You want to work in a highly collaborative, agile environment.
- You love learning new technologies, languages, tools, and frameworks and thinking carefully about which ones will be of real benefit in your projects.
- You can answer “yes” to most or all of the following statements:
- You have experience setting technical direction and architecture of software products and/or acting as technical lead for a team of developers.
- You see software development as a team sport, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile culture where you’re always teaching and learning.
- You are a partner to Product Managers and can effectively translate technical needs and concepts to a functional audience, including articulating technical tradeoffs of functional requirements
- You are a mentor, and get satisfaction and energy from helping them grow their technical acumen
- You are a strong communicator, who takes the initiative to get stuff done, and has a proven track record of successful inter and intra team communication.
- You are able to articulate and manage technical dependencies for projects within your team and partner with leadership to manage cross team dependencies.
- You have experience with large applications / codebases and are able to read, adapt, and connect code in different codebases.
- You have a positive outlook when dealing with legacy code.
- You understand and champion the value of automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- You have extensive experience working with CSS - or even better, Less or Sass.
- You are experienced with advanced front-end engineering concepts like accessibility (a11y) and localization (i18n).
- You are experienced with bi-directional client-to-server communication using technology like WebSockets.
- You are familiar with modern web development tools such as Webpack, Babel, and NPM