Cruise into the future with Xevo.
We are driven to enable exceptional experiences for people on their journeys. Regardless of where the trip begins or ends, our job is to make it the best journey yet. Utilizing data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and user feedback, we design user experiences that are smart, safe, personal, and memorable.
Xevo is on the leading edge of the biggest revolution in hospitality technology in the last 50 years. We already provide software platforms for the biggest cruise company in the world – and we’re just getting started. Here’s your chance to be part of the team that’s changing the world.
Xevo. We’re kind of a big deal.
Work like you mean it
Xevo is passionate about creating software that is so well designed and intuitive that using it disappears into the experience. Xevo is a world leader in connected car technology and hospitality solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a fast paced, fun environment as we build on our solutions adding innovative new features and improving the experiences of our customers. We are seeking talented engineers who are comfortable working in an agile, test driven environment. In this position, you’ll be responsible for writing web services component of applications using Java, SQL/NoSQL, XML/JSON and the appropriate unit tests to support those applications. Samples of the applications we develop are:
- Clients for connected displays that integrate with remote data services and mobile devices
- Tools for managing content on connected displays and mobile devices
- The remote data services that provide information to the client devices.
- Analytics tools that provide feedback on the usage of our applications.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it.)
- Develop and support functional and highly performing Java & node.js backend services.
- Collaborate with frontend developers, product owners, UX, QA, etc.
- Conduct performance testing of design as part of the development cycle.
- Integrate new code into existing products, provide product enhancements and resolve product defects to meet customer requests or issues.
- Participate in peer code reviews for other team members.
- Provide input on new and existing solutions.
- Write technical specifications, program documentation, and unit test plans for all work performed.
- Assist in quality assurance process and customer issue resolution.
- Partner with product owners, project architect and other team members to drive high-quality, on-time deliverables.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
So, do you have what it takes?
- University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in Web services development, including senior level experience.
- Proficiency in Web services development in Java / node.js / C#.
- Proven track record of shipping software.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Outstanding communication skills technical and non-technical, internal and external, both written and verbal.
- Experience with large scale Web service projects and associated challenges.
- Proficiency with node.js, TypeScript, Java, SQL, NoSQL, XML, JSON.
- Experience with all aspects of Web service architecture.
- Experience with tuning, scalability and deployment strategies of high-performance, high-availability Web services.
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure, Ansible, and Docker.