We are driven to enable exceptional experiences for people on their journeys. Whether it’s a long road trip or simply a short drive around town, our job is to make it the best journey yet.
Xevo is on the leading edge of the biggest revolution in automotive technology in the last 50 years. We already provide software platforms for the biggest car manufacturers in the world, with our software in millions of vehicles already on the road – and we’re just getting started. Here’s your chance to be part of the team that’s changing the world.
Xevo. We’re kind of a big deal.
Work like you mean it
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a fast paced, fun environment as we build on our solutions adding innovative new features and improving the experiences of our customers. If you’ve developed some great projects, and you really want to have an impact, as a Software Development Engineer, your experience and savvy will remake the way every car works.
We are seeking talented engineers who are comfortable working in an agile, test-driven environment. In this position, you’ll be responsible for writing web services using Node js, NoSQL, JSON and the appropriate unit tests to support those applications. Samples of the applications we develop are:
- Clients for connected displays that integrate with remote data services and mobile devices.
- Tools for managing content on in-car displays, mobile devices, and websites.
- The remote data services that provides information to the client applications.
- Analytics tools that provide feedback on the usage of our applications.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it.)
- Develop and support functional and highly performing Node.js backend services.
- Collaborate with frontend developers, product owners, UX, QA, etc.
- Integrate new code into existing products, provide product enhancements and resolve product defects to meet customer requests or issues.
- Participate in peer code reviews for other team members.
- Provide input on new and existing solutions.
- Write technical specifications, program documentation, and unit test plans for all work performed.
- Assist in quality assurance process and customer issue resolution.
- Partner with product owners, project architect and other team members to drive high-quality, on-time deliverables.
So, do you have what it takes?
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years experience in web services development
- Proficiency with node.js, TypeScript, SQL, NoSQL, JSON.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience writing tests for complex applications
- Proven track record of shipping software
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Outstanding communication skills technical and non-technical, internal and external, both written and verbal.
- Experience with all aspects of Web service architecture.
- Experience with tuning, scalability and deployment strategies of high-performance, high-availability Web services.
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure, Linux, and Docker.
- Experience authoring/maintaining public SDKs and libraries, developing mobile/embedded devices/complex single page applications using React or Angular would be nice to have.