In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join our patient monitoring information center software development team as a Software Engineer in a fast-paced, high energy, and exciting work environment. Our industry leading products push the cutting-edge of clinical and hospital information technology in the patient monitoring field. If you are a software engineer interested in joining a world-class team developing innovative medical products using advanced technology software that help to improve and save lives every day this is the job for you.
You are responsible for
- Develop software as a member of a highly motivated software development team focused on the creation of next generation medical information systems
- Translate user requirements into innovative solutions using the latest technology
- Write clear specifications, create detailed technical designs, and implement creative software solutions
- Show exceptional teamwork to meet commitments to our customers.
You are a part of
This position reports to the Principal Architect of Software Development for Philips Patient Monitoring Solutions and Networking team. You will work on meaningful work that will make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process. This person will develop new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS Required with a focus in Computer Science preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of software development experience;
- UI experiencepreferred;
- An experienced developer who can architect, design, code, and test complex solutions;
- Working knowledge of databases, network protocols, and system performance desired;
- Experience taking projects from beginning to end through all the phases of the software development life-cycle;
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to produce high quality work independently;
- Strong C#.NET development expertise;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated with good organizational and time management skills;
- Good English skills;
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa; and,
- Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Andover, MA.
In return, we offer you
The work you do every day contributes to innovative health technologies and solutions that help improve billions of lives every year, even yours. This creates unexpected moments when your work and personal life come together in meaningful ways.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.