The Siteimprove Platform Foundations team is responsible for creating and managing the integrated technologies supporting the end-to-end lifecycle of our Product Suite, focusing on Identity, Authentication, Authorization, and a UI framework supporting microsites at a global scale. Our team is looking for a seasoned senior software engineer who is a highly collaborative and broad-minded problem solver who will play a pivotal role in modernizing our identity and authentication/authorization services by leading the migration to a third-party system and ensuring secure and scalable access management to our global product suite.
What you will be doing
- Lead the design, development, and execution of the migration strategy for our in-house identity and authentication/authorization services to a third-party system.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand requirements, design considerations, and integration points.
- Develop efficient, secure, and scalable solutions that align with industry best practices and meet business needs, recognizing Data Privacy concerns.
- Implement robust and reliable authentication and authorization flows, ensuring seamless user experiences.
- Architect and implement integrations with the third-party system, considering data synchronization and security protocols.
- Manage the migration process, addressing challenges, risks, and troubleshooting issues that may arise.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition and provide necessary documentation and training.
- Participate in code reviews and provide mentorship to junior engineers to maintain high code quality.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in authentication and authorization technologies.
- Contribute to the team's strategy and the company's overall technology roadmap.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we will require of you
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master's degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience, with a strong background in backend development and integrations.
- Proven experience in developing or leading large-scale identity and authentication/authorization service migrations.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, or similar.
- Strong understanding of authentication and authorization protocols and standards (OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML).
- Hands-on experience with third-party authentication systems like OKTA, Auth0, or similar.
- Experience using cloud platforms and services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Familiarity with security best practices and data protection measures.
- Experience with API design, microservices architecture, and RESTful APIs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to address complex technical challenges.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Agile mindset and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Travel as needed.
What we will love about you
- Experience with IAC Technologies such as Terraform, Cloudformation, and CDK.
- Strong communication skills and highly effective as a collaborator. Ability to clearly articulate ideas to teammates, peers, and leaders, providing details and supporting with data where applicable. Incorporates input and feedback from others in a selfless manner.
In addition, we hope you will appreciate:
- Rest and relaxation: Open Paid Time Off (OPTO) program for vacation, personal illness, mental health, or to care for a family member, 11 paid holidays, and two Give Back Days
- Comprehensive benefits: National medical plan, dental, vision, paid maternity leave, paid paternity leave, HSA, Flex, employer-sponsored short-term, long-term disability, discounts to volunteer plans to meet your family needs, and more!
- Prepare for the future: 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years.
USD 150,000-180,000 per-year-salary
Base pay will depend on the position, inpidual qualifications, market, and other operational business needs.
Siteimprove is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.