ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than everbefore.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Software Developer, to join our rapidly growing team, building highly scalable Cloud Automation software. The team is looking for passionate senior developers/technical leaders, with a strong track record, who are in search of an exciting environment and innovative technology. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a key member of a strong team of developers working on automating Cloud Infrastructure. The Cloud Infrastructure Automation team is focused on building a highly scalable and robust “lights-out” cloud automation manageability suite that automates various customer life cycle events like provisioning, cloning, load balancing thousands of ServiceNow customer instances across thousands of server farms globally distributed across the world. We leverage high-scale distributed computing fabric in concertation with powerful orchestration logic to automate our Cloud.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Passion for software development and problem-solving
- High energy and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Over 10+ years of experiencedesigning and building scalable reusable components.
- Experiencedesigning & building scalable web services
- Proficiency in web technologies like HTML, AJAX, XML, REST
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Self-starter, with quick learning curve
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with open source technologies - Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Databasearchitecture and data modelling
- Knowledge of cloud technology and distributed computing
- Working knowledge of Linux Internals, MySQL Optimization and Performance Tuning
- Experience with Git
- Experience building ITOM (IT operations management) software
- Knowledge of scriptinglanguages (like Perl, Python and bash).