Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we aspire to grow a lot.
The Worldwide Content Operations Engineering team is part of a larger Amazon Video Catalog (AVC) team within Prime Video. Our vision is to automate and build tools for the world’s most operationally efficient digital video supply chain. We build the platform and self-service tooling that provides end-to-end visibility and exception management across the entire supply chain. Our team works with all the core product and platform teams across the Prime Video platform.
We are looking for a smart, motivated Sr. SDE who can help take our Video Supply Chain to new heights. If you have experience building large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly products and are interested in designing multi-tier services to handle large datasets, complex domains, and problems at Amazon scale, this is the job for you.
Our innovative systems include high efficient and large scale platforms built on Amazon's cloud computing infrastructure. For this position you will have a strong background in OO design with Java/C++. Experience working with web services, XML, JSON, Apache services is desired. Linux system development experience is a plus. Equally important to these specific skills is the ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems.
You will be building large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly self-service tools and back-end services using the latest AWS technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Redshift and S3. As a highly-motivated individual you thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing a top notch consumer web application and user experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
· 6+ year’s professional experience in software development using Java or C++, or other object-oriented language
· Graduate degree in a related technical field
· Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
· Fluency in more than one programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Go, Clojure, Scala, Ruby, Python, Perl)
· Knowledge of functional architecture a plus
· Experience with AWS services highly desirable
· Computer Science fundamentals in system design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
· Experience releasing highly scalable products
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
· Working knowledge of service-oriented patterns