About the role
We are looking for a strong technical contributor with a background in software development to create intelligent, data-driven products and machine learning systems that will help Zillow take advantage of strategic opportunities in the market. As a seasoned software engineer, you will be responsible for all phases of the development cycle: design, implementation, testing, and release. You will leverage your deep knowledge and experience to provide technical leadership for the team, and help them establish strong engineering discipline while taking an idea from zero to completion.
This position gives you opportunities to:
- Architect and build highly-scalable distributed systems
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Grow your career in many possible directions
- Explore big data and machine learning techniques, and play with all the data you can get your hands on
About the team
Join a growing, world-class data science group that is dedicated to excellence and is passionate about our product. You’ll move quickly in an agile development process with this high-energy group that value new ideas. You'll work very closely with our data scientists and machine learning engineers to build real-time data-driven systems in production.
We pride ourselves on our culture, and our unwavering focus on our mission. We celebrate the successes of our people, and embrace our failures in order to learn from them. We believe that creativity and innovation is the key to success. We will stop at nothing to accomplish our goals, and you will help us get there.
Who are you?
- A degree (BS/MS+) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Deep experience with building highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Deep experience with databasetechnologies (SQL/NoSQL/column-oriented datastores/distributed databases)
- Proven track record of leading and delivering large projects independently
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Presto/Airflow) a strong plus
- Experience with machine learning applications a strong plus
- Experience with ad tech platforms a strong plus (Facebook/Google/Bing)