You will join a small engineering team to develop standards, systems, libraries, and data for machine learning engineers and researchers to discover and deploy novel approaches to modeling the immune system. You'll be very hands-on with implementation and should be energized by the idea of crafting software to make your team more effective.
What might you work on?
- Automated analysis of biological data to help the team create more robust models.
- User-friendly applications to train/test both prototype and production machine learning models with consistent and repeatable results.
- Libraries for various languages to reduce onboarding time for new researchers using our data.
- and more!
You are a great fit for this position if you:
- Are excited about the intersection of software engineering, machine learning, and healthcare.
- Are entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- Thrive in ambiguity.
- Are willing to wear many hats and contribute across disciplines.
- Have shipped multiple far-reaching products.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- .Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Experience building shared libraries and/or designing APIs.
- Consistent track record of shipping software and services.
- Comfortable working with data including familiarity with distributed data analysis concepts and data visualization.
- Experience with machine learning platforms, such as Spark, ScikitLearn, Tensor Flow, CNTK, etc.
- Experience in Python, R, Scala, or other ML languages.
- Experience in working with biological data a plus; willingness to learn a must!
- Experience working on consumer-facing products with instincts about great user experience.