$150K — $200K *
Job Description: Senior Software Development Engineer
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer who will be part of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), NextGen Air Traffic program.
Senior Software Development Engineer Responsibilities:
Working both, as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
- Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within an object-oriented environment (primarily Java/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Performing software development as needed.
- Providing support needed for system engineering.
- Articulating user needs and requirements from high level designs.
- Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application.
- Bachelor's degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 8+ years of professional experience; or a minimum of 6+ years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Experience in object-oriented design and development with the Java or C++ programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
- Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
- Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- Strong integration skills.
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
- Development experience in other computer languages (Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
- FAA air traffic domain knowledge.
- Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible
Potential for Telework: Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required: Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Software Development
Commitment to Diversity All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Valid through: 4/22/2021
$70K — $90K + $20K bonus
3 days ago