Industry: Online Advertising & Marketing Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 264 days ago
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The Global Merchandising Platform is a mission-critical suite of applications that operates at global scale, serving highly dynamic content to 56 markets in 30 languages, handling millions of requests per day, all with industry leading page performance.
Senior Software Development Engineer
As a Senior Software Development Engineer on the Content Marketing team, you are part of a highly collaborative team responsible for GoDaddy's content and merchandising platform.
You apply expert-level knowledge of CS principles and web development best practices every day to constantly innovate and improve the platform. You seek to automate, instrument, and make data driven decisions. You strive to enable our business partners and end-customers connect in new ways that helps everyone succeed.
* Design, implement, and test the various applications that comprise our content and merchandising platform
* Continuously refine existing systems to improve their reliability, performance, and manageability
* Provide operational support for critical customer-facing systems as well as internal APIs/tools
* Collaboratively design and document next generation systems
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree
* 5+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
* Expert level knowledge in the full Microsoft stack (.NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC/Web API, IIS), preference for familiarity with .NET Core, Java, Python
* Experience with multiple data platforms is a plus (MS SQL, Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
* Experience with ELK stack (Kibana) and monitoring tools like New Relic is a plus
* Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines, Powershell)
* Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools (preferably JIRA)
* Comfortable with Git
* Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of the office
* Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users.
Job ID R001686