Are you passionate about developing world-class cloud and mobile software? Do you enjoy tackling challenges and working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? If this is you, come join the Kaseya Engineering team in Henderson, NV (near Las Vegas)! Kaseya leads the IT management industry with exciting new cloud-based applications that accelerate and simplify IT management for millions of users. We use a wide range of technologies internally, and look for interesting experience and skill sets. One day you might be working on a cloud app in Microsoft Azure, and the next day debugging a Classic ASP page that we are rewriting in ASP.NET. From Java to C#, C++ to PowerShell, we use the right tools for the right job to solve interesting problems on almost any device or platform our customers use. You will add your unique personality to our endeavor, namely: to ship high-quality software that is on-time and business-aligned. We’re a company whose startup days are behind it but with a lot of growing to do. If you want to be part of making the changes to take us to the next stage of growth while having fun doing your job, this is the opportunity for you.
The primary role of a Senior Software Development Engineer is to:
- Take ownership of code and work closely with others to develop new features as well as efficiently address reported defects in ways that delight our customers.
- Using an Agile/Scrum methodology, discuss requirements, propose solutions, accurately estimate work, and then collaborate with others through the entire life cycle.
- Write code at an expert level and be recognized as sources of improvements and enhancements to our products and processes.
- Not only use best practices, help drive adoption of these practices within the department.
Role & Responsibility
- Follow the established Agile/Scrum methodology for software design, development, code reviews, and testing; ensuring product quality and reliability
- Design, develop and integrate expert solutions that can be shipped on time while complying with standards for usability, security, stability, reliability, and performance
- Propose ways to improve engineering processes and assist in driving their adoption
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years experience in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Proficient in a Windows environment
- Should have knowledge of the C++11 standard
- Knowledge of ALM suites such as JIRA
- A strong understanding of relational databases, query design, and best practices
- Highly effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Expert-level knowledge of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Rich experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and build automation processes
- Experience increasing the adoption of unit tests and code validation techniques to assure deliverables are of high quality and ready for test