The Senior Software Development Engineer is a fast paced position in a rapid growth enterprise data integration software team. The ideal candidate is a person that strives to achieve excellence backed by strong software development skills in c# or Java with recent experience in Hadoop based projects, willing to work in windows and linux environments, willingness to put team ahead of self, willing to constantly upgrade skills, and willing to support software during deployments and operation.
- Develop hive, pig scripts for data transformation;
- Develop python, shell scripts for data flow orchestration;
- Lead software build and deployment when needed;
- Lead of team of junior engineers if needed;
- Support REST-Based ETL Hadoop software in higher environments like UAT, Production;
- Troubleshoot SSIS Packages if needed;
- Ability to work with SQL Server meta data system;
- Ability to troubleshoot asp.net web api based REST layer; and
- Ability to work in both Windows and Linux environments as and when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or greater, in related discipline required;
- 10+ years of strong software development experience, preferably using C# or Java;
- 3+ years of software development experience in Hadoop environment (Hive, Pig, HBase);
- Knowledge or working experience of Data Processing Algorithms and Design Patterns;
- Knowledge or working experience of Queues (MSMQ, MQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Nice to have map reduce experience; and
- Experience in using version control preferably one or multiple among TFS, CVS, Subversion, or Git.