As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will play a pivotal role to establish frameworks for automated testing, SOA, Service virtualization, Enterprise data and data quality assurance in addition to helping the organization move towards Continuous testing practices.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Working with the development team and contributing to building quality upfront by contributing to unit testing, code review and increased automated testing.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews and offer thought leadership in driving efficiencies throughout the Software development life cycle.
- Own and lead the Enterprise transformation roadmap and help implement continuous testing principles.
- Work with multiple vendors, IT leaders, and business teams to align automated testing priorities with IT strategies
- Champion the usage and adoption of automated testing and related tools (in-house and new external tools) across the organization
- Develop code that conforms to The Hartford coding standards and industry best practices.
- Plan and implement Proof of concepts and pilots for new tools and technology evaluation
- Using Analytics to identify patterns/create predictive models for day to day use cases
- Lead initiatives for Performance testing and Security testing to build quality into the product
Tools and Technologies
Need to have:
Nice to have:
- Soap UI
- Quality center
- CA Agile Central (Rally)
- Perfecto/Mobile Labs
- Appium for Mobile Automation
- 2 years of experience in working in an Agile environment and setting up the DevOps delivery and testing pipeline (CI/CD)
- Strong experience in developing and implementing End to End test strategies covering all aspects of quality including security and performance
- Experience in partnering with the development team to understand (Java / .Net) code to help drive code quality upfront
- Ability to configure and use Service virtualization tools
- Experience in analyzing data and identifying patterns and performing data profiling to optimize and model outcomes
- Experience in Insurance/Financial domain is nice to have
- Preferred diverse background in Digital/Mobile/Web testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively across all levels
- Proven experience in executing and driving established roadmaps for transformation and influencing across a matrixed organization
- Ability to take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shooting approach to identifying and solving problems
- BS in Computer Science or technical degree