The Rubicon Project is looking for a Senior SDET with Automation experience to join a dynamic team working on mission critical projects in a highly-scalable technical platform that touches over 200 million users globally and processes nearly 50 Billion Ad Transactions a day!
The mission of the Quality Assurance team is to create technology frameworks, implement quality best practices processes, and develop tools to ensure we deliver optimal end user experience for our products. QA facilitates quality and transparency into Rubicon's software processes and products and helps validate business use cases and functionality with high confidence.At the Rubicon Project, we encourage out of the box thinking to create an environment that promotes innovative products.
With the stability and support of a large organization and the flexibility of a startup, there is a unique opportunity for individuals to develop solutions from ground up that contributes directly to the success of the company. We have a world class Quality Assurance team with passionate, talented, and driven QA engineers and SDETs that influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers globally.
What you will be doing:
- Design and build scalable, maintainable and flexible automation test framework.
- Participate in design and implementation of test infrastructure to support building and moving services into a Continuous Deployment environment
- Work collaboratively with fellow SDETs to create a true end-to-end automation solutions
- Responsible for contributing automated test cases to existing build and test infrastructures, following good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for various external and/or internal products
- Assist in building out our automated testing infrastructure to help us build reliable, scalable, high-quality products and services
- Design test strategies by analyzing and dissecting complex heavily integrated software systems
- Investigate root cause of issues to assist with finding the most comprehensive and robust solutions.
- Collaborate closely with product, project and development teams to identify and resolve technical, business, and process related issues.
What you need to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- 5-8 years of developing and bolstering automated QA systems and associated test strategies in a production role or internship
- Experience with web application testing tools (prefer open source software such as Selenium WebDriver and JMeter)
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins.
- Some experienceworking with business-critical customer facing applications (user interfaces, APIs and back-end services).
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on writing detail oriented documents and communications.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Strong understanding of web UI and services automation testing.
- Experience with Linux.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.