The QueryGrid Engineering Team is seeking a highly motivated SDET to develop tests for our QueryGrid product. As a QueryGrid test engineer you will be exposed to test development in Python working with many database technologies including Teradata Vantage, Oracle, Presto, Hadoop and Spark both on premise and in the cloud. You will sharpen your Python programming, automation, and database skills as you ensure quality product releases.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Work independently and with other team members of a very strong test development team on challenging feature test development.
- Test case design, development/coding, execution and analysis.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure deep understanding of features, critically analyze requirements and design, and produce feature rich test cases.
- Become familiar with all QueryGrid Connectors and apply your experience to enhance our Teradata, Hive, Presto, Spark, or Oracle connector test suites.
- Defect management through standard tools and process.
Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 8 years related experience.
- Passion for QA, test development, and test automation including end-to-end deployment automation
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience in software development including a minimum 4 years' experience programming in an Object-Oriented Language (Java, Python).
- Experience with database technologies. Must be able to demonstrate basic understanding of database fundamentals and SQL programming.
- Familiarity writing automated tests in high level languages for complex applications.
- Ability to craft well-designed Python scripts and Linux shell scripts.
- Ability to review design specifications, define appropriate testing strategies, and write test plans for complex software systems.
- Linux system administration and knowledge of Linux tools and utilities; experience diagnosing server processes or applications using Linux-based tools.
- Good understanding and experience using JSON and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with version control systems (GitHub, Subversion).
- Experience with Teradata and Hadoop technologies a plus.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus.