NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility, opportunity, boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe software engineering changes how people live.
At NCR, we believe that, too. We’re one of the world’s first tech companies, and still going strong. Like us, you know the online and mobile worlds better than any other—and see patterns that no one else sees. Our software engineers write code that can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute. We use cutting edge technologies, and need cutting edge, driven, people to keep us ahead of the pack.
Multiple Positions Available in Midtown Atlanta!!
We are looking for talented Senior Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) to join our expanding Solution Integration & Test Center of Excellence (SIT CoE). The SIT CoE is an enabler of automated testing and best-in-class solution integration and test practices in an Agile environment across the Software Solutions organization. NCR Software Solutions recently formed this team to “raise the bar” in system integration and testing, and ensure that our customers receive the best solutions possible. We are looking for experienced and very talented individuals to help define and create a world class SIT team.
Your leadership responsibilities will include integration of complex solutions end to end, definition of CI/CD infrastructure, definition of test automation strategy (functional and non-functional), definition and execution of test suites encompassing acceptance testing, performance testing, exploratory testing, and solution certification. This team focuses on automation of solution testing, so deep knowledge of automation test practices and tools is required. This team will develop, execute and maintain comprehensive automation suites, scripts and tools. Team members will have solid background in solution, or system, integration testing in an Agile environment.
We work with some of the smartest, nicest people you'll meet. People who work here say the problems they work on are enormously challenging, and that the team culture is the most supportive they have seen.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for software engineering talent like you.
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO…
- Define clear solution integration and test strategies
- Define and implement integration strategy for complex end-to-end systems that comprise the NCR solutions
- Define and develop solution-based test automation (functional and non-functional) strategy across solution industries
- Define, develop and own the best in class enterprise solution testing toolset and practices
- Define and develop solution-based CI/CD pipeline strategy across solution industries
- Focus on automating solutions that will serve each of our major industries – Financial Services, Retail, and Hospitality
- Assess the maturity of these complex solutions to refine or develop the integration and test strategies across hardware and software components
- Continue to expand test automation within NCR’s continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments
- Collaborate with solution engineers, hardware engineers, software engineers, and QA engineers.
- Communicate with stakeholders and other key business and engineering teams.
- Mentor, teach, and coach teams across organization to adopt and use best-in-class test automation practices
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for system failures caused by errors in software.
- Identify and implement process improvements for engineering and testing practices.
- Across the hardware and software organizations, assess and implement best practices for solution integration and test to result in higher quality releases
- Work within the SAFe methodology to implement and / or refine solution integration and test best practices
- Continuously evaluate new tools and processes to maintain NCR’s leading position in the solution testing space
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ARE…
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with major in software engineering. Any performance testing certification, like ASTQB, is highly desirable.
- 10+ years of experience / knowledge in testing enterprise solutions. Of the 10+ years, a minimum of 6 continuous years in test automation, analysis, troubleshooting, and optimization on large scale enterprise systems.
- Extensive experience in integrating and deploying complex end-to-end systems.
- Building high-performing Monitoring solutions that provide an optimal application availability
- Build CI/CD pipelines to enable faster delivery
- Ensuring solution will satisfy non-functional requirements and needs including performance, compliance and security testing as part of CI/CD
- 3+ years’ experience with Azure & AWS Cloud Solutions
- 2+ years’ experience administering Linux, including shell-scripting & command-line tools
- 2 years’ experience with orchestration tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation Template
- 2 years’ experience with Configuration tools like Chef and Ansible.
- A real problem solver who can work with software engineers, architects and product management to understand the test automation expectations at the solution level.
- A driver with initiative who leads through trust and respect and does what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to convert abstract solution business flows given by product management / customers into actionable test automation suite.
- Strong, hands-on expertise in developing BDD feature files.
- Sound knowledge of continuous testing processes is highly desirable.
- Expert and hands-on experience of various automation technologies like Coded UI, Specflow and Cucumber.
- Hands-on experience in API automation.
- Hands-on experience of 4+ continuous years in non-functional testing to ensure solutions meets acceptable scalability, reliability and capacity requirements.
- Good understanding software architecture to be able to relate to solution performance and make executable recommendations for performance enhancements.
- Proven expertise in defining test automation strategy and test plans for complex software systems.
- Very good understanding DevOps principles and their relation to automation engineering.
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse teams.
- Proven ability to communicate well with peers and all levels of management.
- Team player (and leader) but also able to work independently using your initiative.
- Effective working relationships and a proven leader who motivates, inspires, and teaches others.
- Senior member of the engineering team, who is self-motivated and is able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction.
- Experience mentoring and training team members in automation and testing processes.
- Strong personal accountability and ownership required.
- Solid experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe, and Lean Quality methodologies.
- Ability to analyze and effectively communicate test results and tasks to remedy gaps.
- Experience in the Retail, Hospitality or Financial Services industries is an advantage.
- Happy in an agile, fast-paced environment.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment