As a Senior Test Automation Engineer at Branch, you’ll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of mobile app discovery, for potentially billions of devices around the globe. We're seeking someone who's excited about working closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists to address unsolved problems in acquiring, understanding, and ranking content from inside of mobile apps. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll get to:
- Partner with other teams & drive cross-functional efforts with the goal of ensuring high quality on end-to-end product functionality.
- Develop automated testing scripts that leverage in-house systems/frameworks and commercial tools for a complex, multi-tiered cloud-based system.
- Develop, modify and execute software test plans.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of complex issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Innovate and invest in tools and solutions that’ll help increase the efficiency of product releases.
- Find opportunities for continuous improvements to our software system and product quality.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 4+ years of hands-on automation testing experience in at least two of these areas - UI, API/Services, SDKs.
- Extensive experience testing mobile applications end to end.
- Ability to write excellent test plans and test scripts.
- Experience creating and/or using automated test frameworks for mobile applications or other software.
- Broad width and in-depth knowledge of QA tools, processes, and tech stack.
- Familiarity with databases and capability to generate complex database queries.
- Familiarity with UNIX systems, CI/CD pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and deployments.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Dedication to deeply learning product functionality and use cases and willingness to go beyond finding bugs, to diagnosing why problems occur.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take ownership, and the ability to identify and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment.