As a Senior to Principal Software Development Engineer on the Growth team, you work across 15 products in our Website+Marketing organization. Help find new solutions regarding conversion flows and freemium offering across our suite of products and work on new features. You will also investigate, assess and fix bugs or defects within the conversion flows. Being a part of our team, you'll be a valuable source of mentorship and guidance for other members of the Growth and Product teams.
What you'll get to do...
- Lead projects mainly on user acquisition and monetization from conception to completion with a focus on frontend development, working with partners to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions
- Excited about iterative product experiments to increase acquisition, retention and monetization in an experiment driven environment
- Work closely with other Growth developers, designers, and analysts to estimate effort and complexity for proposed experiments and tasks
- Proactively identify and mitigate bugs by conducting unit, integration, and regression testing
- Mentor junior engineers while performing design and code reviews
- Conduct new technology research, bringing fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development
- Do what needs to be done. You'll spend most of the time building experiments or building tools to enable rapid experimentation, but you'll also have the opportunity to flex your data skills, performance, building and maintaining shared components and libraries
- Share the results of and findings from your experiments with team members across the company
Your experience should include...
- 6 + years full stack engineering role
- Possess sophisticated knowledge of one or more modern server-side programming languages (Node, etc.)
- Showcase the ability to craft and implement RESTful services and knowledge of SQL
- Be knowledgeable in using Git and related tools like GitHub etc
- Be a voracious learner biased toward action and impact driven
- Have strategic decision making abilities you think problems through from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective and make smart choices with the best outcome