Senior Software Development Engineer
As Software Developer your role is key to advancing and creating our technology stack. While working in a close-knit team using Agile Development practices, you will have responsibility for designing and developing the software, databases, and algorithms used to collect, process, analyze and visualize the data collected by our survey systems. Our client’s appetite for more detailed information sooner is growing and you will be part of transitioning the entire technology stack to 3D, and geospatial into the cloud. We are a major user of AWS and have strong technologypartnerships with other exciting businesses in Fugro that map Powerlines, Pipelines, Rail, Roads, and Deep Subsea. In addition to software development we are looking for a developer with experience on cloud infrastructure for implementation of our software solutions for customers and also production automation through the use of cloud services.
Roles And Responsibilities
· Work in an agile team environment to develop great software.
· Discover and analyze requirements coming from internal users, clients, marketing, and the industry.
· Assist in the development of specifications based on problem statements.
· Design and Implement new features.
· Measure your progress and quality using benchmarking tools to evaluate and optimize code.
· Stay up-to-date on current software development trends and practices.
· Enjoy spending time on new ideas and research, sharing with the team and learning.
· Design, implement, provision, and administer cloud computing and services on public and private cloud infrastructure. (Vmware Private Cloud, Amazon Web Services and/or Azure).
· Document and maintain all technical procedures for cloud implementation (Installation, Configuration, Run books).
· Automate infrastructure services and system administration task where possible
· Lead & Deliver the Infrastructure capability transformation for production and Engineering R&D environment, with focus on user-experience, resilience, performance, availability and total cost of ownership.
· Lead the customer facing Cloud Infrastructure & operations for all Company products, with high availability, superior performance and 24x7 support.
· Partner with Engineering teams and rest of operations teams to architect and design the infrastructure for customer facing services as well for the R&D environments.
Education & Qualifications required:
- BachelorDegree in Computer Science, or similar.
- 3+ years experience managing Cloud & IT infrastructure
· Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows services, advanced debugging skills, object oriented development.
· ASP.NET MVC4+, HTML5/CSS3+, AngularJS 1+ and 2+ and JQuery
· MS SQL Server. Preferably with the use of Geospatial databases
· SOAP, REST, Multithreading, Unit Testing.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Python experience would be beneficial but not required.
Role specific competencies required:
· Professional competence: this is the overall rating for the education, knowledge, skills and behavior as required for the job. These may be defined in the job description.
· Quality of work: neatness, accuracy, thoroughness, effectiveness of the work done. Output according to professional standards, and quality standards agreed with the client.
· Quantity of work: Volume of work regularly produced; speed and consistency of output.
· Problem-solving/judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
· Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
· Information and communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements.
- Closing date: Sunday March 25, 2018