Five9 is a leader in Cloud-based Contact Center solutions. Our Professional Services development team is growing and we are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer. This is a full-time remote position that can be worked from anywhere in the Continental US. This role consists of short term (a few days to several weeks) development projects that require gathering a customer’s integration requirements, analyzing feasibility using available APIs, designing, developing, and implementing the solution.Projects vary widely in size and development skillset and include HTML5 web apps, Node.js services, CRM CTI Integrations, and various web services integrations to 3rd party systems. The role of Software Development Engineer demands a broad and general knowledge of many current development technologies and a willingness to learn new systems, platforms, and APIs as necessary.The candidate will be expected to interact with customers over the phone, via web conferences, and in person (up to 15% travel required) and will often need to explain technical solutions to non-technical people, so good verbal and written communication skills are essential. If you thrive on challenging, ever-changing development projects, then this may be just the position for you!
- Possess strong problem solving and communication skills. Must be able to articulate an issue, identify solution options, and communicate the best course of action to the client; document the solution requirements and features in a Statement of Work for customer review and acceptance.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage time effectively; able to switch between several projects/tasks in a given week.
- The ability to work with a client to gather business requirements, determine level of effort for a project, and accurately estimate development and delivery timelines.
- A working knowledge of call center technology (Genesys, Avaya, Cisco, Aspect, etc.) with a good understanding of computer telephony concepts and terminology.
- An understanding of cloud-based technologies (AWS, SaaS, PasS, etc.) and web-based API interfaces (SOAP, REST, AJAX, WebSockets, etc.)
- Basic proficiency in using Unix-based operating systems.
- 5 or more years’ experience in application or integration software development related to Computer-Telephony Integration (CTI) with systems such as Cisco ICM/UCCE, Genesys, or Ayava.
- 1 or more years’ experience with web application hosting services such as Heroku, OpenShift, or self-hosted Node.js services.
- Experience integrating to CRMs, Marketing Automation, or Lead Management solutions such as Salesforce, MS Dynamics, NetSuite, Oracle Service Cloud, Desk.com, Zendesk, Velocify, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience is required.