To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
Software Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We'll be looking at you to help:
· Decide what features to build.
· Drive software engineering best practice.
· Design distributed and scalable systems.
· Test and document the software you develop.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline or industry experience.
· 6+ years of professional software development experience
· Experience leveraging object oriented design practices in Java, C++ and or .Net.
· Experience developing or contributing to industry software frameworks (RestEasy, Jersey, Apache CFX, .Net, etc)
· Experience working with HTTP and application server technologies (Tomcat, Netty, Jetty, Nginx, etc.).
· Experience leading design and implementation of a large multi team development project.
· Experience operating online services.
· A desire to contribute to an environment where everyone wants to work hard, have fun, and to make history.
· Deep understanding of networking protocols and distributed computing
· Experience with algorithmic complexity analysis.
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges to both engineers and business owners.
· Able to set technical direction and influence others when presented with a business challenge.
· Ability to mentor and develop other SDEs
Job ID: 623769