Senior Software Development Engineer
Are you delighted to build new technologies that will be instrumental in bringing Expedia Group's evolving brand to life by delivering Web experiences for millions of users? Come build the future of travel with us!
On the Vacation Rentals Checkout team we build experiences which help our customers efficiently book properties that are perfect for their travel plans through an intuitive experience on our checkout page. This page plays a key role at Expedia Group, it's where we "Show Me The Money" and how we generate revenue. The booking experience must provide a high degree of trust with our travelers, so they book with confidence.
Software Engineers at Expedia develop solutions and products that touch millions of people every day around the globe. Our engineers tackle some of the most sophisticated problems in the world of travel across various brands - Expedia, Vrbo, Orbitz, Travelocity, eBookers and others. We are looking for strong technical talent, deep customer insight as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability. You'll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a participant of this inclusive team, you'll estimate engineering efforts, design your changes, implement, and test your changes, push to live, and triage production issues. You need to be collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences and improve existing products powering the world's largest travel website at a scale only a few companies can match.What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Focus on traveler experience for vacation rentals across all of Expedia's brands.
- Technical lead the team in software best practices, including domain driven design and reactive architecture.
- Contribute to the development and quality of features being implemented on the Expedia brand sites.
- Collaborate and design large features and initiatives.
- Provide and participate in code reviews to assess overcall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented programming techniques
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team
- Write automated unit, system, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Collaborate with team members to co-develop and resolve problems
- Understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process
- Apply formal training methods to current workload
- Feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo
- Help coordinate partnership input and collaboration efforts when developing solutions to issues
About Expedia Group
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience.
- 8+ years of experience working in a web development environment.
- Design large scale client/server architectures.
- Always curious, investigating any code repository you can find and looking to contribute.
- Excited to pick up, learn and run with new technologies and frameworks such as React, GraphQL and Kotlin.
- Love all aspects of application development, from brainstorming and design to implementation, launch and support.
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.