For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channelretailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
This position is for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer who will help us design/develop our next generation digital services platform. We are building a globally deployed digital platform for our customers using some best-in-class, open-source frameworks such as Spring Boot/Cloud, NodeJs, ReactJs and leveraging Netflix OSS features such as Archaius, Hystrix, Zuul and others.
We have a progressive, forward thinking Digital Product and Platform team and believe in developer empowerment. As a developer you will have access to industry leading CI/CD tools and metrics/monitoring view into the code you develop and deploy. This role requires strong Java, Java Script skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services.
- Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-services and user interface solutions with high availability.
- Participate in design discussions and ensure designs are aligned with architecture and roadmap.
- Research and recommend relevant technologies towards overall technical strategy.
- Champion test-driven development and participate in code reviews.
- Conduct brown bag sessions and help towards building a strong technical team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 7+ years of in-depth development experience with Java/J2EE.
- 4+ years of experience using Spring, Hibernate and Junit
- 2+ years of UI development experience with ES6 Java Script and CSS preprocessors(LESS, SASS).
- Experience building highly scalable, distributed and fault tolerant cloud native applications.
- 3+ years of Experience building Responsive websites using ReactJS, NodeJS and Webpack.
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services, Web APIs, and micro-services.
- 2+ years of solid experience with SQL and NoSQL based solutions.
- Very good knowledge in TDD, CI/CD using Mocha/Enzyme and Jenkins 2.0.
- Ability to write clean, modular, reusable code (using design patterns) and experience with unit-test driven approach to development
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Reactive programming - RxJava, Akka Play.
- Experience with AWS deployments.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with continuous deployments.
- Experience using docker & related orchestration tools to build, ship and run applications.