We are seeking several Software Development Engineers to help build data services and applications that our investment professionals use to make better investment recommendations and decisions. This role will collaborate directly with senior investment professionals and technology associates, creating and implementing detailed quality technical designs using existing and emerging technology platforms. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission and will drive for superior long-term investment results. The ideal candidate will apply modern engineering and analytical methods to deliver customer-focused value.
- You will independently implement new features in a highly collaborative work environment alongside product managers and fellow engineers.
- You will write legible, resource-efficient, and performant code.
- You will collaborate with business partners and internal customers.
- You will share technical solutions and product ideas through team planning, design review, pair programming, code review, and technical discussions.
- You will take on projects and make software enhancements that improve team software and processes, including design and documentation.
- While you are an agent of change with a sense of urgency, you are respectful of what came before.
- 5+ years’ experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++ or C#. Strong OO or Functional design skills with understanding of common design patterns.
- Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Willingness and ability to own all stages of the development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
- Strong communication skills, ability to establish and maintain a close working relationship with distributed team members and business partners.
- Knowledge of data stores, SQL and No-SQL preferred.
- Experience with AWS services (S3, containers – ECS & EKS, ElasticSearch, Lambda) preferred.