This small division of our well-known client creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. It also powers the speech and language solutions. They design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions. This team designs, builds, and delivers large-scale distributed systems that support traffic to one of the Internet’s premier destination sites.
- Design, develop and support a cutting edge data flow platform that plans to support tens of thousands of machines serving hundreds of millions of daily requests.
- Work with some truly cutting edge ideas and technology: Applying the latest in systems research to solving very large-scale problems.
- Have a relentless focus on scalability, latency, performance robustness, and cost trade-offs -- especially those present in highly virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environments
- Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure and evaluate the consequences of designs and the ongoing success of our platform
- Alongside a dedicated operations team, develop and support, the smooth 24x7 operation of their world-wide service
- Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve interesting and useful problems in a fun, collaborative environment
- Directly participate in setting a vision and objectives for your team's work in alignment with business and market needs
- Have access to the vast technical tools and resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (in lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience)
- 5+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 5+ years of coding experience with C/C++, Python
- Strong working knowledge of web-scale data processing (e.g., Hadoop, Pig, Spark, Cosmos).
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software design.
- Proven ability to write rock solid production code that runs at scale.
- Strong background in machine learning and data mining with a broad understanding of unsupervised and supervised learning methods a big plus.
- Knowledge of information retrieval theory and practice.
- Ability to communicate well and discuss complex topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Results-oriented with a strong customer focus.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative, but also a co-operative team player.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.