As a Sr. Software Engineer you will work with your manager and team of highly skilled software, data, and test engineers to invent, design, and build highly stable and performant software. You will work with your internal customers to balance customer requirements with team requirements and help your team and business evolve. You will be using the latest AWS and industry technologies to deliver a one-stop authoritative compliance ecosystem for Amazon, keeping our customers safe and products compliant, building the software creating the world’s most authoritative data set on everything companies and customers need to know related to the safety and compliance of products and supply chains. You will collaborate with leaders of partner teams developing our social responsibility and packaging optimization systems.
Each and every person buying, selling, or handling Amazon products will be your customer.
If you’d like to make a real-world difference by working hard, having fun, and making history, this is the team for you!
You're looking for a career where you'll be able to influence, to build, to deliver, and to impress. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions, deep understanding of the problem space, and leading multiple cross-functional teams. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. This highly visible role requires frequent communication with senior leadership in order to help shape and deliver on the product roadmap, and requires you to nimbly switch between strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve technical, business, and customer experience goals. You'll be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack -- from customer facing features and data innovations to cross-team collaboration on advertising platform services.
You will be a senior lead in the development of features that drive our next generation Amazon security across the world. You will work with a variety of technologies across Amazon to innovate on features that delight customers and partners. You must love hard problems, collaborating with stakeholder teams, defining roadmaps, design creative technical solutions, and mentoring more junior engineers.
· Impact: As a senior software development engineer, you own one or more key initiatives in Global Security and have the freedom to drive the architecture and development of complex access control products collaborating across Fulfillment centers, app, and the entire Global Security Platform teams.
· Scale: We solve advertising problems across diverse international regions. Our products are leveraged by various Amazon organizations. We build solutions of massive scale across desktop and mobile platforms.
· Experiment and Innovation: You have leaders who support the culture of innovation through experimentation. We directly partner with AWS & Corporate Security to build successful products for our business.
· Technical Excellence: Your leader holds high technical standards and support you to lead the team to reach for new engineering excellence. For the past four months, we are actively working to increase test automation coverage. We commit to not leaving technical debt behind as we complete a project. You will set the standard for engineering, testing, and operational excellence, drive best practices across organization.
The ideal L5/L6 candidate can dive deep to understand complex ad systems architecture, simplifies complex requirements through effective verbal and written communication, and has a track record of influencing strategic system directions and driving delivery collaborating with multiple teams internal and external to Global Security. Previous experience with Security Systems is a bonus but not required.
· Design and develop critical components of world class, scalable distributed systems.
· Mentor junior Software Development Engineers.
· Interface with our internal customers and technical leadership to inform and understand requirements and priorities.
· Take on hard, ambiguous problems and articulate solutions that will to serve the broader Amazon.
Help develop long-term technical strategies in the product supply chain space.
8+ years industry experience in designing software architecture and operating scalable software systems
- Requirement analysis, failure analysis, API design, distributed consistency
- Metrics, analysis, and software profiling
- Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
- Solid experience in Java, NodeJS, or C++.
- Solid UNIX or Linux experience
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple external dependent teams to design complex solutions
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Obsession with quality and customer experience3+ years industry experience in designing software architecture, leading software development groups, and operating scalable software systems
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics or related field
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Expertise in one or more AWS products/services.
Job ID: 623798