The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who has a strong passion for security-at-scale. You will work on a small team dedicated to building new tooling and features to improve AWS Security capabilities. We develop the tools that keep AWS safe from malicious actors, preventing, detecting, and mitigation security events. We work closely with our Threat Intel, Security Operations, and Security Analyst teams, and relentlessly drive security improvements.
The AWS IT Security team is responsible for the security and availability of all of the services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and more than 40 others. This is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale.
Our team deals with immense quantities of data, pushing the envelope on scale and various advanced analytical techniques to find and mitigate security threats. You'll be expected to develop robust large scale distributed systems for processing data, and to provide technical leadership to other engineers to do the same. While you may not be a security expert just yet, you have a passion for solving security challenges in innovative ways. You'll develop a broad and deep understanding of the overall AWS security posture and develop many of the core technology components to improve and scale it. While you may not be a security expert just yet, you have a passion for solving security challenges in innovative ways.
· Develop solutions to simplify the processing of massive amounts of data
· Architect, design, and develop systems for detecting security weaknesses and vulnerabilities in software
· Rapidly prototype and incubate new security features and solutions
· Identify AWS security gaps and help determine the best solutions to close those gaps
· Work closely with other internal development teams across various AWS services to coordinate security improvements
· Deliver high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift
· Mentor junior developers on the team to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers
· BS degree in Computer Science or related field
· 8 + years of professional software development experience
· Understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
· Prior experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems across multiple programming languages
· Prior experience developing compilers or static analysis tools
· Experience building distributed web-based applications or services at massive scale
· Strong background in math, statistics, and probability
· Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Experience with AWS or other cloud computing platforms
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role