Who You Are…
You're an experienced Software Developer, with more than 5 years of web application development experience, who has experience designing system architectures, including microservices and service-oriented architectures. You're comfortable collaborating in small teams to design, build and ship high-quality software and experienced in iterating in an agile fashion. You have knowledge of issues related to building Cloud infrastructures and have prior hands-on experience in developing and deploying Microservices solutions on Cloud infrastructure.
You’re comfortable working closely with designers and outside stakeholders to build both awesome UI/UX components and systems, as well as backend services and APIs that can process millions of request per day. You have experience liaising and collaborating with other departments in determining requirements and specifications.
You love to coach, lead and nurture the development of more junior developers while sharing your knowledge within the team along with the broader technical community, all the while shaping our software development culture by improving our processes and codebases.
You want to join us in using exciting new technologies to build the next generation of one of the most visible, and prominently placed components of the Hootsuite product. You are super smart and have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent work experience.
You’re Great At…
- Building high-volume, highly available, and distributed server applications, hence you have a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Building microservices in Go and have experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system
- Working with Big Data, utilizing SQL and noSQL databases, data warehouse technologies, and familiarity with data lakes and data marts.
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- Interest in startups and passion for social media
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.