Senior Software Developers are very experienced developers who have shown they have the top technical skills needed to lead their team on the technology. They are expected to direct the technical aspects of the project they are on and have strong knowledge on the software tools, languages and components that are used here at Oildex. They are also expected to be strong coaches and mentors to the technology team they are working with.
Senior Software Developers are expected to conduct training and knowledge share activities around the technology, methodology and development process. They are expected to not only be strong technically, but also have a strong domain understanding of Oildex’s business. This domain understanding may not be present at the time of hire, but they are expected to be quick learners and have a business sense that allows them to quickly learn the business domain.
Senior Software Developers may be involved in the strategic planning. They will work closely with other Software Developer and the Architecture team to assist in direction on the technology. They will align with the Architect to research, study and propose the use of new technologies to be used in the development of Oildex products.
Senior Software Developers are engaged in all aspects of software development including working with customers, product owners, Quality Assurance Specialists, UX designers, and architects to plan, design, develop, and test software solutions. To achieve this goal, a wide range of industry standard skill sets, processes, and Agile software development techniques are utilized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Key participant in Agile software development practices to ensure that Oildex’s products provide customers with the most business value, and they are of high quality. This includes working with customers and the team to plan, design, develop, and test software solutions.
- Focus on craftsmanship producing high quality, robust, and scalable applications using a microservice architecture.
- Focus on developing the team through coaching and mentoring. Leaders leverage facilitation, asking powerful questions, emotional intelligence, and training to build capability into others. The organization as a whole is constantly learning and growing as a result of these efforts.
- Proactively helps teams to reach the next level of Agile maturity by leveraging a deep understanding of the Agile values and principles of lean software development.
- Proactively seeks out more effective ways to accomplish organizational objectives and goals. Works with the team to validate ideas through experimentation.
- Explores opportunities to improve the team, or as an individual by inspecting and adapting on a regular basis.
- Investigate and resolve application issues as needed. This includes performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on issues.
- Acts as a role model for others and actively demonstrates the values found on the Oildex culture wall.
- Leads department training and development.
- Challenges conventions and status quo.
- Demonstrates and cultivates a commitment to learning and growth in Agile software development, technologies, tools and techniques.
- Encouraged to be an active member in the local development community via meetups and user groups.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in:
– Developing web-based and mobile solutions using microservices in Java or C#.
– Databases like Oracle or MongoDB.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
Oildex is transforming the way oil and gas companies manage their financial operations. Over 250 operators, 61,000 suppliers, dozens of financial institutions and millions of mineral rights owners in North America use the Oildex Network to seamlessly and securely collaborate across their financial supply chains, automate key business processes, eliminate the high cost and errors of paper, and obtain access to key data to make more informed business decisions.
- The Company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with major offices in Calgary, Alberta, Houston, Texas, and Austin, Texas. This position can be located in either our Calgary or Denver office.
- Oildex is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Transzap is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, basis disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.