The Senior Software Developer will work in close collaboration with Tilson’s established and technically diverse IT team. Tilson’s development services span the entire software development lifecycle and provide internal stakeholders with a highly skilled and professional interaction. The Senior Software Developer is regarded as highly experienced in designing and building software and also functions as a proficient team member who can meet project objectives. This is a full-time position with our IT Department based in either Denver DTC, CO or Portland, ME. Responsibilities:
- Actively participate at all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Work in close coordination with Project Managers and development team members to translate high-level business requirements into technical design.
- Produce high quality software compliant with current best practices and established company guidelines.
- Independently deliver on technical tasks requiring minimal supervision. Typical day-to-day responsibilities include coding, testing and automation as well as performance tuning, scoping, documentation and defect resolution.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with development team members.
- Cross-functional collaboration with product and marketing teams to ensure that business objectives are met in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing software based on the .Net platform (including 4.0/4.5)
- Proficiency with C# programming.
- Moderate to expert level SQL/MySQL proficiency.
- Extensive experience with web service and/or API development.
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests.
- Experience with relational database development and administration.
- Experience with a version control system such as GIT, Perforce, TFS, or SVN.
- Bachelor’s degree (Software Engineering or a related field is preferred).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Crystal Reports/SSRS experience.
- Prior experienceworking with a geographically distributed software development team.
- Experience with Construction related software applications