Senior Software Developer
The Senior Software Engineer is a member of the Stanley Black and Decker Digital Accelerator software development team. This team builds and maintains software systems in the field of Internet of Things.
The Senior Software Engineer works as a Scrum team member, applying practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering (object-oriented and/or functional design and programming, configuration management, testing, etc.) to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders.
- Develop software confidence and reliability by creating testing artifacts, developing tooling and providing the communication needed to ensure modified artifacts are continuously releasable
- Provide mentorship for junior members of the team
- Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement
- Architectural planning and design
- BS in Computer Science or related field; MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js and/or Java and/or Scala and/or Ruby and/or Erlang, or a mix of other modern programming languages.
- Strong working knowledge of XML/JSON, HTML, and associated moderntechnologies
- Experience with developing applications in the AWS cloud.
- Strong working knowledge of designing and implementing system interfaces using REST API.
- Strong working knowledge of developing systems with enterprise databases, including strong working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools
- Strong working knowledge of non-SQL databases.
- Have previous experience, of at least three years, building medium to large-scale, "mission critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions