We are a leader in the corporatetravel and meetings technology industry and we are looking for a Senior Developer to join our Software Product Development team. Our products are web-based software tools used by our hospitality industry clients around the world to simplify their businessprocessesby facilitating smooth interactions with their hotel guests and corporate meeting scheduling/reward management solutions used by some of the Global Fortune 500 companies.
The role is responsible for our primary stack of .NET and a broad array of other technologies to deliver our products. We use C#, ASP.NET and ServiceStack on the server and SQL Server as our main data store. On the client side, we are using HTML, CSS, jQuery and Bootstrap to create responsive interfaces.
Our most successful team members are the ones who thrive in our fast paced, project based and agile environment where we openly collaborate and learn from each other in our relaxed and casual environment.
This position will support our future growth plans, thus we constantly review applications however a longer recruitment process may be expected.
- Develop complex web-based software utilizing in-depth development, technical and design expertise in computer programming languages such as C#, .Net, ASP.NET, Web API, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap and SQL server.
- Creates detailed software specifications, based on requirements
- Execute database design on SQL Server 2008 and newer and development of different database objects containing functions, triggers, store procedures.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action, plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Estimate development tasks based on the appropriate business constraints
- Manage defect tracking system and resolve all issues and prepare update for systems, trouble-shoot and fixed problems through customer requests
- Review and validates implementations of self and others to ensure they meet requirements and match the specifications
- Develop APIs to do data exchange with the business partners.
- Enforce and evolve software development standards and best practices
- Perform unit and systems integration tests, using the Visual Studio Test Suite
- Participate in requirements analysis, write business requirement document about software specifications.
- Use source control (GIT and SVN) to maintain our code base and branches.
- Develop windows service and scheduled tasks to process customer data
- Work with teams of Product Development, Quality Assurance/Testing, eConnectivity, Client IT Teams
- May lead projects or parts of project
- Train, mentor junior colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's degree or related certification preferred
- At least 5 years professional experience in all stages of definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of web-based software solutions
- At least 3 years of experience working in a start-up, agile, fast-paced environment
- At least 3 years of experience working in the hospitality industry with very strong understanding of various hotel software applications including revenue management systems, inventory management system, hotel event management systems
- At least 1 year of experience working directly with hotel clients – visiting client site preferred
- At least 3 years of experience of hotel and third-party system integration projects including data transfer, web app development and solution optimization with existing hotel systems
- 5 years of experience in integration with other 3rd party vendors or other systems. E.g. providing API interface or FTP service.
- Proven experience with successful product go-live management and at least 2 years of release change follow up on same product
- Expert knowledge of .Net Framework, C# Programming language, Web API, IIS knowledge, T-SQL and SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of using Web API for data feeding, service function share and data transfer tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL script
- Proficient with code versioning tools such as GIT and SVN
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience in developing applications using Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Model View Controller (MVC) and User Interface (UI)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Hands on experience using testing frameworks (i.e. NUnit, Visual Studio, xUnit, etc.) and TDD
- Meet expectations of and able to effectively work in Agile (Scrum) Software Development Process and Methodologies environment
What we offer:
- Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Compensation package corresponding to the value you bring to our team
- Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
- Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
- We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role - local candidates highly preferred