Work in close collaboration with our artists, with the tools and technologies necessary to create the exceptional imagery characteristic of our films. It is an extremely dynamic workplace in which it is necessary to keep a cool head, to think creatively and to solve problems pragmatically. The team needs people who know how to take initiatives, who develop the highest quality software, and who think beyond what is required by each development task - our environment finds its energy in its ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms for team members, stakeholders and system users. We ask that our developers support the full life cycle of software projects,
We are looking for a software developer who has excellent knowledge of VFX processes and the pipeline. This role will be responsible for the further improvement of our software tools and technologies, including our flagship tools Alice, Kali, Furtility, Volumetrics and others.
- Work with the manager to ensure that the implementations comply with the department's overall software strategy.
- Work with less expert team members and mentor them by helping them solve problems.
- Communicate tasks, challenges and workflows to a worldwide team.
- Design and architect cutting-edge tools and technologies, while ensuring the maintenance of the existing range.
- Provide technical and user documents.
- Build relationships between the main artists and the production staff.
We are looking for a software developer with an excellent grasp of VFX processes and pipeline. The role will be responsible for the further improvement of our software tools and technologies including our flagship tools such as Alice, Kali, Furtility, Volumetrics tools and more.
- Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
- Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Communicate tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- Design and architect cutting edge tools and technologies while maintaining existing stack.
- Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
- Build relationships with key artists and production staff.
- Work with teams cross site in the development of pipeline tools for a multisite studio
Skills and experience
- At least 5 to 8 years of experience on a VFX site (or a similar activity).
- Diploma in computer science, engineering or diploma in technical animation.
- In-depth understanding of computer graphics, mathematics and physics / simulation.
- Advanced knowledge of C ++ and Python . KL from Fabric and Lua are a bonus.
- Expertise with the Linux operating and development system on this platform.
- In-depth knowledge of VFX key application APIs - Maya, Katana, Houdini or Nuke.
- Experience with Fabric Engine is a plus.
- Experience in best development practices.
- Experience in designing a simple UX for complex rear functionality.
- Experience in asset management APIs and dependency processing.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
- Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics / simulation.
- Advanced knowledge of C ++ and Python . Fabric's KL and Lua has bonus.
- Expert with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Advanced knowledge of key VFX application APIs - Maya, Katana, Houdini and / or Nuke.
- Experience with Fabric Engine has more.
- Experience using development best practices.
- Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
- Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.