CSRA is seeking a lead software developer to head a small group of Java developers (5) in maintaining and enhancing a suite of applications (10-12) that provide the core interoperability functions between the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) and external agencies. These agencies include the Veterans Administration, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and MHS Genesis.
• Participates as the lead member of development team; also develops independently
• Must develop understanding of complex healthcare business rules and ensure those rules are correctly followed in design documents, specifications and development
• Leads code reviews.
• Must develop understanding of issues involved in producing releases of software components
• Provides mentoring and guidance to junior developers.
• Applies in-depth and broad technical knowledge to diverse technology areas
• Oversee the design, preparation and execution of unit tests.
• Leads team in quickly and effectively resolving issues reported by customers and QA testers
Education and Experience Required
• Typically a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical/scientific field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8-10 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
• More than 8years’ experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to):
JEE, JDK1.7 & 1.8, JSF, Oracle 12c database, Struts, XML, Dojo, log4j, JUnit, Apache commons, IBM Mainframe, Oracle WebCenter Content (WCC), Spring MVC, Apache Tomcat 7, JBoss EAP v6.4.x.
• Proven ability to lead a team of developers
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with JBoss and WebLogic Application Servers
• Must possess a basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies. Knowledge and experience with Agile methodology and practices, such as SCRUM and Kanban
• Knowledge of software configuration management and release management using SVN and Maven
• Good understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
• Must possess good knowledge of relational database concepts
- Ability to apply consistent quality and security standards.
• U.S. Citizenship and able to receive DMDC Position of Trust