The primary role of a Senior Software Developer is to work within a small team of developers to code and modify custom business applications and reports. This position will have full development lifecycle responsibilities and will provide assistance to entry level developers.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Associate’s degree in Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science.
• 3+ years’ of experience in applications development with a solid understanding of web application development.
• 3+ years’ experience writing queries in a relational database.
• 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Visual Studio .net or Java.
• 3+ years’ experience developing WCF Web Services using SOAP, REST.
• Proficiency in cross-browser debugging and testing.
• Ability to develop Unit Test Cases.
• Working Knowledge of Object Orientated Principles multi-tiered application development.
• Hands on experience with Agile and development tools for continuous integration, such as Microsoft TFS.
• The ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including strong presentation skills, understanding of appropriate follow-up, and the ability to communicate technical ‘speak’ to a non-technical audience.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Information Systems or Computer Science.
• 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
• 3+ years’ experience in MVC Patterns and Practices.
• 3+ years’ experience in Object Relational Mapping software such as Entity Framework.
• Foodservice/distribution experience.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Collaborate with other developers, project managers, architects, business analysts and other departments to develop new technology and expand existing applications.
• Assist other developers with tasks, best practices, troubleshooting, estimation, testing and documentation.
• Develop medium to large scale applications with medium complexity.
• Design, develop and implement business applications using current technologies.
• Develop design documents such as technical specifications, functional requirements, object modules, system test plans, technical and user documentation.
• Ensure successful completion of projects.
• Analyze existing software solutions and recommend improvements or alternatives.
• Provide support to maintain existing Intranet, Extranet and Internet sites and applications.
• Document process flows.
• Lead project meetings to gather requirements.
• Self-teach new technologies.
• Participate in Team Code Reviews.