Senior Software Developer / R&D Developer
Do you embody strong development skills needed to transform design concepts into code? Looking for a culture of innovation? Craving to work with some of the best subject matter experts in the world to design better engineering software products?
If yes, join our multi-disciplined, diverse team of optical engineers, developers, testers, product owners, and business leaders with varied backgrounds in developing the next generation optical design software.
Why come and work for the OSG R&D team: Synopsys OSG has been the leader in making high-quality optical software for 40 years. We provide cutting edge software solutions used to design optical systems in consumer electronics, aerospace, microlithography, automotive. Many of the well-known digital personal devices we use every day are designed using our software.
Synopsys Optical Solutions Group (OSG) is looking for an optical software developer to contribute to our optical software products in one of our U.S. office locations (AZ, CA, MA).
The candidate’s key responsibilities include:
- Building innovative solutions for our optical design software tools by collaborating, designing, developing, troubleshooting, or debugging software programs
- Research, experiment, advocate and develop enhancements to improve usability
- Employing state-of-the-art development tools and practices to ensure high-quality and high-performance solutions are delivered to the market efficiently
- Utilizing solid software engineering practices such as code refactoring, code reviews, unit testing, and regression test case creation and monitoring
- Work with expert optical engineers, peer developers, testers, and product marketing in an agile environment to create innovative optical software solutions to tackle cutting edge problems
- Actively engage with subject experts in solution envisioning and feature development to help lower the adoption threshold of the software
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline with experience in Microsoft .NET Programming
- Demonstrated expertise and hands-on experience developing mathematical and computational modeling for solving challenging engineering problems in software
- Demonstrated highly inter-disciplinary problem-solving skills with creativity and learning
- Experience and knowledge of object-oriented programming (.NET and C++ preferred) and software design best practice with an aptitude and passion of developing technical application software
- Excellent written and verbal skills as well as the presentation skills with the ability to communicate highly technical information to peers.
Knowledge and expertise in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Experience in Developing UIs in commercial Engineering Software
- Experience using CAD software
- Experience with developing commercial engineering software
- Knowledge or experience of Software processes such as Agile or Lean Software Development
- Experience in optical systems modeling, analysis, and design using or developing optical design software tools