Senior Software Engineer (Prism)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong background in programming, development, and automation to be part of Nutanix Prism Team. Our team is working on exciting new challenges in building a cloud scale distributed control plane that can serve multitude of applications. API Gateway handles all the tasks involved in serving thousands of concurrent API calls, including traffic management, authentication and authorization, monitoring, and API version management. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.Responsibilities:
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, high performance control plane software for large scale enterprise and hybrid cloud.
- Design and develop features for the Nutanix manageability platform that interacts with Nutanix Core Services.
- Design and Implement a cloud scale API platform that makes it easy for developers to build, publish, execute and manage APIs at cloud scale.
- Design and Implement robust APIs to be used by the front-end.
- Design and build software for managing virtual infrastructure
- Build effective unit and integration tests
- Ability to direct a team of engineers on complex Manageability projects.
- Ability to write scripts and tools for development and debugging.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Love for writing clean, modular code in a fast paced, Agile development model.
- Solid Python/Java/Golang experience required.
- Experience in webstack components (load balancers, reverse proxy) and API frameworks.
- Experience with web servers and REST APIs a PLUS.
- Deep understanding of scalable and distributed systems.
- Experience working with microservices
- Experience in working in Linux environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware, KVM, or Hyper-V) and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field.
- 7-10 years of industry experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves "Nutants") are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix
and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg's Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020
and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020
We're growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.We're an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting CandidateAccommodationRequests@nutanix.com