Our team of engineers, at all levels, work with the business leaders in defining the product roadmap and come up with innovative solutions to grow the future of travel. We design and develop our back end systems and REST APIs that serve hundreds of millions of searches a day, collecting and parsing data across thousands of partners to get the best deals for our customers.
In this role you will get to:
- Drive mission critical projects with direct impact on the evolution of Priceline's business
- Innovate with cross-functional agile team that continuously experiments, iterates and delivers on new product objectives
- Showcase fluency and development skills of Core Java or similar programming languages
- Lead, mentor, and guide less experienced developers in best practices
- Apply your programming skills towards building low latency and high throughput transactional services with continuous integration and automation testing
- Implement SQL composition skills that collects and queries data for investigation and analysis in real time from our applications
- The ability to quickly apply your experience to understand our codebase, systems and business requirements to effectively make changes to our application
- Influencer and communicator on team development efforts. Influence what the best solutions are and communicate your findings to key business stakeholders
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and development
- Exceptional coding experience with Core Java or similar programming languages
- An interest in being a mentor and influence best practices with less experienced developers
- Strong grasp of SQL compositions skills for composing queries and analysis
- Confident with the utilization of Spring Frameworks, Web Services and API’s
- Experience with developing on Cloud, especially GCP and AWS.
- Experience in Microservices, Kubernetes (GKE preferable), and Dockers.
- Proven ability in Design and Architecture of complex, highly scalable and performance driven applications.
- Experience working in the Flights industry is desirable.
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable Integrity and Ethics